Saturday, January 23, 2016

Janustory - Days 21, 22 & 23

Social commitments and work have put me behind on posting here. To catch up:

Day 21: Yesterday, a torrential riot of a thunderstorm bristling with sizzling lightning, washed away my makeshift tent and drowned my nascent fire.

Day 22: Shivering, I have scoured the jagged black volcanic rocks, hoping and praying for a miraculous find brought forth from the watery depths.

Day 23: I may finally have mastered the ancient skill of making fire as I managed to get another tuft of carefully scraped fibers lit.

I'm having a lot of fun with this project. It's forcing me into creativity and sparking those neural pathways that expand my brain. Like a flower expanding its petals, working through creative problems causes new muscles to kick in and something beautiful appears.

Japanese anemone

No comments:

Post a Comment